#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 44 - The Best Part of Waking Up.........

Monday, August 3

Is waking up and waking up to a cup of coffee. I just, I love coffee. I had once gotten rid of my coffee pot because I was drinking way too much coffee and got a health scare which thankfully was nothing. I was reintroduced myself to a coffee pot this year and I don't think that was the best thing to do. I come from a family that drinks coffee 365 1/4 days of the year. Even if it's 100+ degrees outside, we drink coffee. And I'm not talking iced coffee, frappuccinos or anything like that. I'm talking hot black coffee, maybe with sugar and cream. My pops used to dip my pacifier in coffee and according to my granny I loved it. A pacifier dipped in coffee and music. Those were two things that would stop my fuss as a child. It's pretty much the same as an adult.

Well, I've noticed my hair and skin and lips are dry. And I think I'm headed toward a not so good route of dehydration. That's not good. And it's not that coffee is really the issue. The issue is my will power. If I have the choice of reaching for water versus coffee, I'm going to choose coffee. That's the problem. And as I continue on this journey of wanting to sing, I know it's important to take care of my body and also my vocal chords. Hydration plays a nice part in that. So, while I have not decided for how long, I know for right now, no more coffee. At least until I get into the habit again of drinking 64 ounces of water daily. Someone once suggested that for every cup of caffeine I drink, coffee, soda, what have you, that I also drink a cup of water. And that was suggested as a rule of thumb in addition to having 64 ounces of water daily.

I started this Monday, on day 44 of the #ChooseLOVE campaign. I was not so sure that I could follow through. So two days later and so far so good. I guess the real test will be tomorrow when I go to meet my friend for coffee. I know. It sounds silly. Why not just go somewhere else? Well, we don't want to spend too much money. We just want to catch up since we have not seen each other for some time. And the coffee shop serves other options. So I will either choose a white or green tea or juice. It'll be great to catch up with my dear friend. And it's great knowing I'm choosing options to help me along this journey of singing and of life really. Just choosing better options to care for me. :)


Comments

Popular Posts