#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 52 - LOVE

https://www.facebook.com/TysTheLOVEChannel
Tuesday, August 11

So many love songs have been in my head today. The one that has been there the most often is Kirk Franklin and God's Property's "LOVE". I love how it simply begins with, "love, a word that comes and goes, but few people really know, what it means to really love somebody."

Along with that beautiful song I thought about Mother Teresa's quote of "Live simply so that others may simply live." I equated that to love and thought what if we loved so simply, with no strings attached, just pure honest love, would that allow others to simply love also?

Love tends to become so complicated. That thought leads me to another song, Lauryn Hill's Ex-Factor. Side note, how great did Lauryn look in that video? She wore that white pant suit. I loved it. But back to the song, I love the beautifully written lyrics, "It could all be so simple. But you'd rather make it hard. Loving you is like a battle. And we both end up with scares." Love should not be a battlefield. Love should be unconditional, free, pure, unmarred, beautiful, light. And if something should unfortunately go wrong from an event imposed from the outside world, love should be there to make it alright.

Well, enough of my rambling. That's just what I'm thinking about on Day 52 of the #ChooseLOVE campaign, LOVE.

Comments

Popular Posts