#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 59 - Rainy Days, Happy Days

Tuesday, August 18

Almost, always, whenever I think about rainy days, I think about that Carpenter's song that sings, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Rainy days and Mondays seem to have earned a pretty bad rep?

As a child rainy days meant that my mom was putting down sheets in front of the door that she would open, allowing the rain when accompanied by wind to gently blow through the screen door. She would turn off all of the lights and sometimes light a candle or a few of them. She would allow us to enjoy a little bit of tea, orange pekoe. The name brand escapes me right now, but I remember the orange and black color on the box. A beautiful lady with an umbrella I think, was walking across a bridge. My mom was and still is just too cute. She had this whole ritual for making tea. I loved watching her. So we would watch and listen to the rain, enjoy tea and my mom would enjoy olives from the jar. The olives I never learned to like, however tea I can drink all day and all night. I suppose this memory is why I don't mind the rain so much. I'd rather be inside than out, but hey, what can you do.

Now my Mondays, they don't hold as sweet a memory. The most I remember about Mondays are putting the covers back over my head, being late for school because I missed the bus and my poor dad having to take me to school.

Well, with all of that said, I thought I'd share a few ways to make a Monday or rainy day sunny and bright. What are some ways you enjoy and appreciate rainy days, Mondays or get over any day that tends to give you the blues?

Once you wake up, smile and give thanks for another day, both can carry you well throughout the day
Create a rainy day ritual and share with loved ones so they will have happy memories and happy habits on rainy or other gloomy days
On a super gloomy day, try uplifting essential oils like orange, lemongrass, eucalyptus and other stimulating oils in your home*
Try eating uplifting foods*

*Note: I use the above mentioned oils in an oil burner with water, using as suggested and burn in my home. I also use as directed, oils that I can safely use in a bath soak. A few drops of oil at your desk may be helpful if not offensive to co-workers. I usually put a drop or two on a napkin and sit it at my desk and also leave in my car. Perhaps a eucalyptus plant at the desk could be helpful.
* Foods that I have found to be uplifting are fruits, especially oranges and pineapples, small pieces of dark chocolate and citrus or mint teas.

Here's to and cheers to making everyday sunny and bright. #MakeEveryMomentMagic 

Comments

Popular Posts