#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 62 and Day 63 - Getting Ready For Fall

Friday and Saturday, August 21 & 22

Yesterday and Friday were uneventful and then again, kind of eventful. After work Friday I did a little bit to start the process of organizing my closet. Saturday I really got into it. My process:

ORGANIZE: The first thing I did was put all of my jeans and pants together, all of my shirts, sweaters, so forth and so on. I organized everything in the closet as such and even found a skirt I had been looking for hiding behind a leather jacket and winter coat. 

CLEANSE: The next step for me was to cleanse my closet. I used three categories; what to keep, what to consign/sell and what to give away. 

MAKE IT CUTE: The last step was to make my closet cute. It's super small and making it cute was kind of a challenge, but as Tim Gun as 'Project Runway' states, "make it work." So I took things I already had around the house or things I had forgotten I even had and repurposed them. Example, I have a sign that once hung over my work desk and put it in my closet. A vintage Haartman luggage piece that I adore, I cleaned out and used it to cutely organize some jewelry, gloves and other items I use or have told myself that I will use on a regular basis.

I think getting my closet organized will help me shop and get my wardrobe ready for Fall, especially since I'm on a super tight budget this year. I don't want to over spend or buy items that I find myself not even wearing. 

Be it your closet or some other area of the house or anything in general. Are there things you do to get ready for the new season, to get ready for Fall? 





Comments

Popular Posts