#ChooseLOVE Campaign Day 79 - Music Festival Fashion

Monday, September 7

Day 79 of the #ChooseLOVE campaign has kind of kicked off a countdown of sorts for the upcoming music festivals. Growing up I absolutely loved going to my hometown's music festival, Riverbend. I recall very well the first time I went. I was in the eleventh grade and my girlfriend and I dressed alike in black knee high tights, white sneakers and matching white t-shirts that read in neon colors, "Don't Worry, Be Happy". I guess you can say I've always been a fan of tees with a message. I just thought about that.

Almost just as important as the music you go to hear is what you wear. Hmmm? I'm thinking about that statement and yep, it's pretty darn important. Not just because it's nice to be cute, but it's also very important to be comfortable. When it comes to comfort some flats I don't mind getting dirty is my go to chose. My old black ankle boots fit that bill very well. I typically prefer a tank top and a light, cozy sweater or plaid shirt that I can easily tie around my waist. Sixteen more days remain in the #95DaysofSummerofLove #ChooseLOVE campaign, so I will definitely sport my #ChooseLOVE t-shirt and buy a light sweater or perhaps a jean shirt to tie around my waist and put on should it get chilly out.

When it comes to bottoms I usually enjoy a nice flowing skirt that feels nice against my skin when I'm dancing around, nothing too short and nothing that feels scratchy. I found the super cute tie dye skirt that I'm wearing in the photos at Marshall's for only $3. I looked around hoping to find a few more to purchase. You really can't go wrong with tie dye skirts.

So about all of the great music festivals coming up, I hope to attend and listen to some great music live. Some of my absolute favorite artists are playing. Lauryn Hill and Janelle Monae are at the top of my must see for the ONE Musicfest. I would looooove to see Sam Smith, Elton John, Hall and Oates and Lenny Kravitz at Music Midtown. Seeing Ben Folds at Westobou would be great, however I know I will not make that one. And seeing Mr. Stevie Wonder (#yesplease), Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots and well, pretty much everyone plus there's the culinary experience and artists. It's going to be crazy magic.

Please share the music festivals you plan to attend or know about so I can share them here on The Love Channel.
ONE MusicfestMusic Midtown  Life Is Beautiful  Westobou Festival



 

Popular Posts